Whole Roasted Stuffed Wild BC Pink Salmon
There is a lot of talk lately about using the entire fish from #fintotail so we tasked Saturday Night Test Kitchen to make a delicious meal using a whole Wild BC Pink Salmon. Needless to say he delivered!
1 whole Wild BC Pink Salmon - cleaned and head removed
1/2 stalk lemongrass - bashed and bruised
Handful of Italian Parsley - left whole
4-5 sprigs of fresh dill
2 scallions - cut in half
1 orange - sliced thin
1 lemon - sliced thin
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Wash your local Wild BC Pink Salmon under cold water inside and out. Remove any fins that may still be attached.
2. With a little oil, rub the cavity of the salmon and season with salt and pepper. Stuff the salmon with a few of the slices of the orange and lemon. Then add all the parsley, lemongrass, dill and scallions.
3. Using kitchen twine, wrap up the salmon so that it all holds in place while roasting.
4. Make small, 1/2” deep incisions into the side of the salmon and again rub with oil and salt.
5. On a roasting tray, lay the last of the oranges and lemons and place your stuffed Pink on top of them.
6. Roast the salmon for 40-50 min, depending on thickness and how you would like the fish to be cooked.
7. Set oven to broil and let the salmon skin crisp up for 5 min, readjusting the pan to allow an even broil.
8. Remove the salmon from the pan and begin removing the flesh as you wish! Be careful of pin bones….ENJOY!
Recipe and photo by Cory Walby, www.saturdaynighttestkitchen.com