Maple Ginger Wild BC Salmon
Recipe supplied by Cory Walby. Follow him on instagram @saturday_night_test_kitchen
1 wild BC salmon side – cleaned and boned, skin on
1/3 cup REAL maple syrup
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
3 garlic cloves – fine mince or chopped well
- 2” piece of fresh ginger – finely grated
- Ignite one side of your BBQ to a medium – high heat, leaving the other side off. Rub the non-heated side grill with olive oil and clean it. This will be key for this recipe!
- Take all your ingredients and mix in a bowl. Cover salmon fillet with marinade and let sit for 10-20 min.
- Check BBQ and make sure its heated up to about 350°F (176°C)
- Pull fillet out of the marinade and pat dry your skin side. Rub a touch of olive oil on the skin. Lay it down on your unlit grill side of your bbq, skin side down. Leave covered for 10 min.
- During the cooking on the grill, take leftover marinade, put into a pot and boil down to half of what was put in. You want it to be thick and syrupy, like a glaze.
- Open up the BBQ, and glaze your salmon side. Close and cook for another 2 min. Open and glaze again. Continue this for the next 8 - 10 min, until salmon is cooked to your liking.
- Remove salmon from grill and serve hot with green onions and sesame seeds!