Spicy Wild BC Salmon Poke Bowl
Recipe supplied by Cory Walby. Follow him on instagram @saturday_night_test_kitchen
For the Salmon:
- One palm sized portion of high quality fresh sushi grade Wild BC Sockeye Salmon
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (or any other hot sauce you prefer)
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice and zest of half lime
- 1 Green Onion finely sliced
For the Finishing Spicy Sauce:
- 4 tbsp Sriracha
- 4 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- Clean and remove skin and bones from salmon fillet. Cube into roughly ½” to ¼” pieces, making them bite sized!
- Combine ingredients for the marinade and add salmon to it. Allow for 10-15 min marinating time!
- Meanwhile, get your rice on, and prep your vegetables for the toppings of the bowl. You can use whatever you like, carrots, purple cabbage, radish, bean sprouts, etc… anything you want here!
- Assemble bowl, rice on bottom, then add the vegetables. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and add to the bowl. If you would like, you can use some of the marinade to top your rice. Finish your bowl with the spicy sauce, sesame seeds and green onion.
*Chef's notes: It's important to pick up some fresh sushi grade salmon when assembling your own poke bowls. Just ask your local fish monger if the salmon for purchase is sushi grade or safe to eat raw.
Wild BC Salmon was provide by 1 Fish 2 Fish Fresh Seafood Market