Wild BC Chum Salmon with Soy Wasabi Glaze
- Soy Wasabi Glaze
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp prepared wasabi
- 6 Tbsp cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- vegetable oil
- 4 – 6 oz wild BC chum salmon ﬁlets
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce and wasabi in a small saucepan.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F/180° C.
- Lightly oil a baking dish. Season the wild BC chum salmon to taste, place in baking dish and bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until salmon is opaque in the center and just ﬂakes when pressed with a fork.
While the salmon is cooking, heat the soy mixture over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat and add the butter, whisking constantly until the butter is emulsified.
- Serve the salmon immediately, drenched with the sauce and sprinkled with the green onions.
Recommended BC VQA Wines: Pinot Gris (Reserve), White Meritage
Provided by: Karen Barnaby
Former Executive Chef of The Fish House in Stanley Park Vancouver, BC, Canada