Wild BC Salmon Jalapeño Poppers
These ooey-gooey, spicy-nicey Wild BC Salmon Jalapeño Poppers are the perfect snack to serve to your sports fans on Superbowl Sunday, weekly for Hockey Night in Canada, during March Madness or at your next party!
Recipe makes 20 poppers.
1 8 oz package cream cheese
2 tbsp fine chopped chives + 1 tbsp extra for garnish
1/2 cup extra old white cheddar cheese
1/2 lb (8oz or 1 cup) of finely chopped local Wild BC Sockeye Salmon (set aside 1 oz for finishing)
10 jalapeños, halved and cleaned (wear gloves for that!)
1. Preheat oven to 375f. In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, chives, old white cheddar, and chopped Wild BC Salmon. Leave a little bit of Wild BC Salmon out for the final step. Be sure to mix well!!
2. Cut and hollow the jalapeños and lay out on a lined cookie sheet. Stuff the jalapeños with the salmon mixture and space out on the sheet.
3. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min. Check at 15 mins to make sure they don’t over cook.
4. Pull from the oven and top with the chopped Wild BC Salmon that you set aside. Place sheet under the broiler for 2-4 min to colour it up!!!
5. Once done, pull from oven and top with chives!
Recipe and photo by Cory Walby, www.saturdaynighttestkitchen.com