Wild BC Salmon Baked in Parchment
- Parchment paper
- 4-150g (600g) - Wild BC salmon filets or steaks
- 1 (50g) - Fresh lemon slices
- ½ cup (50g) - Leeks,(white ends only) sliced
- ½ cup (75g) - Bell pepper, sliced
- ½ cup (75g) - Asparagus tips
- 2 tsp (10ml) - Salt
- 1 tsp (5ml) - Fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp (30ml) - Fresh parsley or dill, chopped
- 4 tbsp (60g) - Salted butter
- 3 tbsp (45ml) - White wine
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F/204°C with the rack positioned in the centre. Have a large sheet pan ready.
- Cut four 15” x 24” pieces of parchment paper. Fold each in half lengthwise. Cut a half heart shape which opens into a heart shaped piece of parchment.
- On one half of each parchment heart, place a salmon filet on 2 slices of lemon and a quarter of the leeks, pepper and asparagus tips.
- Season with salt and pepper and fresh parsley. Top with a tablespoon of butter and a splash of white wine. Fold over.
- To seal, starting at the top of the heart, make small tight folds leaving space between the fish and the seal for air. Ensure the last notch is folded under to prevent steam from escaping.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes on a sheet pan. If properly sealed, the packet will puff up and turn brown.
- Transfer to a plate and cut a slit in the centre opening carefully for the steam to escape.