Poached Eggs with Wild BC Smoked Salmon and Blinis
- 8 soft poached eggs
- 8 blinis – 8 cm diameter (4")
- 8 thin slices of smoked salmon
- 200 mL (7/8 cup) maple syrup
- For the blinis, mix 250 mL (1 cup) of buckwheat pancake mix with 250 mL (1 cup) of milk, 1 egg and 15 mL (1 tbsp) of melted butter.
- Make 8 blinis.
- Place blinis on 4 hot plates and drape smoked salmon over top.
- Place hot soft poached eggs on top.
- Pour maple syrup over each poached egg.
- Decorate plates with chives, serve immediately.
Wine suggestions: Calona Fontana Bianco