Queen Charlotte Grilled Wild BC Coho with Roasted Lemon, Asparagus, English Peas, Fingerling Potato
- 1 side Coho Salmon, pin bones removed, scales removed, belly fat trimmed, portioned into 3 ounce pieces
- 18 Fingerling Potato, boiled in salted water until tender, peel while still warm, cut lengthways & leave at room temperature
- 1 bunch Asparagus, peeled, shelled, blanched in boiling salted water and chilled in ice water, drained
- 1 cup English peas, shelled, blanched in boiling salted water and chilled in ice water, drained
- 1 cup Grape Tomatoes – cut in half lengthways
- 2 Lemons, cut in half, visible seeds removed
- 4 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tbs. Butter
- 4 Shallots, peeled, thinly sliced
- Season the Salmon with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet with the olive oil over medium heat. Place the salmon skin side down in the skillet, put in the knobs of butter at the same time, allow to cook for 4 minutes or until the skin easily releases from the pan and is crispy, basting continually with the hot butter and oil. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until the salmon is light pink in colour.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and hold it somewhere warm on kitchen paper.
- In the same pan sauté the potatoes and shallots until the potatoes are golden brown.
- Add the tomato and peas to warm through.
- Season the vegetables to taste with sea salt and freshly cracked Black Pepper.
- In a separate pan, or on a grill place the lemons cut side down and allow to caramelize. Turn and cook for a further 3 minutes to warm through.
- Arrange two pieces of Salmon per plate, one half of a roasted Lemon and scatter the spring vegetables between.
- Garnish with your favourite herb or micro lettuce.